When the children were much, much younger I was very proud of myself because I made a brick path from the lawn to their play-house. However, when I recently changed the shape of the lawn the path didn’t reach it anymore. Moreover after nearly twenty years the original path was looking a little the worse for wear.
So today I decided to start again. I lifted all of the old bricks. I was delighted to be able to get to the roots of all of the weeds that have been so difficult to reach!
I redug the foundations.
Then I arranged the bricks on the lawn to make sure I had sufficient to make a path of the required length.
Finally I washed all of the bricks. Some were a bit the worse for wear after so long being a path. I hope that next week I will be able to finish making my new ‘old brick path’.